Friday 18 February 2011

A Scarlet Elfcup and a swan

Sometimes my camera is a hurried last minute addition as I rush out the door with Milo.Today was one of those days where I was so pleased to have taken it as I came across this beauty whilst poking around in some woodland.The Scarlet Elfcup,apparently quite common but I have never seen one.1-3cm in diameter and very striking to look at.There were a number of these on some dead branches,all holding rainwater.


I put this one in to give an idea of scale and am assuming it is some sort of spiders egg nestling in the centre..

Hairy Curtain Crust


a type of jelly fungus-still awaiting identification-watch this space

Glistening Inkcap- the rain and slightly milder weather of the past few days has brought an abundance of fungi if you look hard enough


lovely lichen


no idea.




No comments:

Post a Comment