Thursday 30 June 2011

the first False Deathcap of the season

the heavy rainfall of last week brought it's rewards....
False Deathcap Amanita citrina

had to get close up on this wonderfully smooth and shiny stem and ring-smelt this before I stumbled across it.Highly poisonous of course...

Grey Spotted Amanita Amanita excelsa

aerial view of the False Deathcap

Stout Agaric Amanita spissa

Tawny Grisette Amanita fulva

Dryads Saddle Polyporus squamosus, already being devoured by insects

Ceratiomyxa fruticulosa-this slime mould really was quite beautiful-the clusters of rosettes reminded me of frost

am assuming this is also a slime mould-no idea what at present though.It reminds me of the liquorice sweets in a bag of Allsorts that I am not too fond of

minute green beetles happily ensconced on a bracket



seemingly random I know-but they were too beautiful not to include

No comments:

Post a Comment