Thursday 7 July 2011

buzzing hedgerows


Sloe Bug Dolycoris baccarum

these were taken yesterday afternoon which was particularly bright and sunny.I only had a limited amount of time so was restricted to a certain path-but boy was it buzzing with life.I could easily have spent the whole afternoon just watching the insect activity around me.Butterflies and moths were out in abundance and dancing around but  you need lots of time for those shots which sadly I didn't have.                                                       


I have never seen this striking fly before Vollucella Pellucens.It is very fond of bramble blossom apparently which is exactly where it was hovering.

I was fascinated by the way this bee used it's leg for stability in order to get right into the heart of the flower in search of pollen

mmm-lunchtime

No comments:

Post a Comment