Friday 29 October 2010

stinkhorns

after the cold snap at the weekend we have had some wet and mild weather this week and the fungi have made a last bid-hooray! I came across a batch of stinkhorn eggs today (is that the collective noun ? -sounds appropriate anyway). The stinkhorns have pretty much remained elusive and the only ones I have seen have been well and truly eaten/beaten. I am going back every day if I have to,  to catch these before the woodland creatures have their way ( I am fully aware I'm beginning to sound a little obsessive now ). Watch this space   :  ).
There would have been a couple of photos of the 'eggs' but the memory card was left behind in the pc ( a regular occurance it would seem).


Phallus impudicus Stinkhorn eggs as promised-and boy do they stink

No comments:

Post a Comment