Monday 1 November 2010

November 1st

"The Road goes ever on and on
  Down from the door where it began.
  Now far ahead the Road has gone,
  And I must follow, if I can,
  Pursuing it with eager feet,
  Until it joins some larger way
  Where many paths and errands meet.
 And whither then? I cannot say"

J R R Tolkein

my pal



not sure about this one-think it is Panus Oysterling Lilac Oysterling


                            

Scleroderma verrucosum Common Earthball, very poisonous but I loved the colour and texture of this aged specimen
Boletes luridus Lurid Bolete not come across one of these yet so was fairly pleased

Russula nobilis Beechwood Sickener,highly poisonous as it's name suggests

the dreaded Honey Fungus again
loving the slug trail on these..

I have deliberated for ages with this Russula but think it is a Russula aquosa

completely stumped-all suggestions gratefully received..?some sort of cup fungi

yes,the toe of my shoe is a deliberate addition to give an idea of scale of this Birch Polypore which was huge at about 35cm in diameter




No comments:

Post a Comment